1. Collected information
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on prototyping.news.
The collected information may include:
- The type of device you are using to view prototyping.news.
- Anonymous usage statistics
- Anonymous information, such as your internet service provider, IP address and internet browsing software, collected by our website
- “Cookies,” which enable the website to remember your information if you return to the site. Cookies are never used to identify you personally but to improve your experience. For example, I might set a cookie on your first visit as soon as certain assets like webfonts or style sheets are loaded so that on repeat visits, those assets don’t need to be downloaded. This improves site speed and saves bandwidth.
If you sign-up for the prototyping.news newsletter, I and my service providers (like MailChimp, see below) will collect (1) your email address and (2) Usage information relating to your receipt and viewership of any newsletters through tracking technologies like cookies or web beacons. I and my service providers may use this information to:
- Send newsletters to your email address
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts, and policy changes to your email address
- Understand how users engage with the newsletters and help me improve content in newsletters and services
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide the information
- Use for the maintenance and improvement of the services
3. How your information is used
Your information is solely used to complete operations necessary to produce and distribute prototyping.news. I do not share your information with third parties except (such as in the case of MailChimp) when it’s necessary to complete the functions of prototyping.news.
When you email me, I will use your email address only for the purpose of responding to you and for no other purpose.
Sometimes I may use anonymous information about your use of this site in combination with other users’ usage to make decisions about the contents and design of prototyping.news. I may also share these anonymous statistics with potential sponsors and partners.
I may disclose your information when I believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
4. Changes to this policy