1. Your Data Protection Rights
You always have the right to access all personal information I hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may always file a complaint with your national data protection authorities regarding the use of your data. But please tell me first so I have a chance to sort things out.
2. Collected information
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on prototyping.news.
The collected information may include:
- Your IP address (always anonymized)
- “Cookies,” which enable the website to remember your information if you return to the site. Cookies are never used to identify you personally but to improve your experience. In order to provide, operate, and maintain this website, I use so-called session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Additionally, I might for example set a cookie on your first visit as soon as certain assets like webfonts or style sheets are loaded so that on repeat visits, those assets don’t need to be downloaded. This improves site speed and saves bandwidth.
If you sign-up for the prototyping.news newsletter, I will collect (1) your email address and (2) usage information relating to your receipt and viewership of any newsletters through tracking technologies like cookies or web beacons. I may use this information to:
- Send newsletters to your email address
- Send technical notices, updates, security alerts, and policy changes to your email address
- Understand how users engage with the newsletters and help me improve content in newsletters and services
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide the information
- Use for the maintenance and improvement of the services
- Fonts served
- Kit ID
- Kit type (string "configurable" or "dynamic")
- Account ID (identifies the customer the kit is from)
- Service providing the fonts (e.g., Typekit or Edge Web Fonts)
- Application requesting the fonts (e.g., Adobe Muse)
- Server serving the fonts (e.g., Typekit servers or Enterprise CDN)
- Hostname of page loading the fonts
- The amount of time it takes the web browser to download the fonts
- The amount of time it takes from the web browser downloading the fonts until the fonts are applied
- Whether or not an ad blocker is installed to help identify whether the presence of an ad blocker affects accurate pageview tracking
This data does not include any information about the users who are visiting a site serving Typekit fonts.
3. Storage of your information
This site uses Uberspace, a German hosting provider, to store the website and its content. They value privacy, security and run their servers in a German datacenter using renewable energy.
If you sign up for prototyping.news with your email address, your email address gets added to the mailing list. The neccessary newsletter management software (Mailtrain) is also run on an Uberspace server located in Germany. In compliance with the regulations of the GDPR, I signed a Data Processing Agreement with uberspace.
4. How your information is used
Your information is solely used to complete operations necessary to produce and distribute prototyping.news. I will never sell your email address nor share your information with third parties except when it’s absolutely necessary to complete the functions of prototyping.news or unless I am legally compelled to do so.
When you email me, I will use your email address only for the purpose of responding to you and for no other purpose. You are always free to unsubscribe from this newsletter, but as long as you are registered with prototyping.news I may send you information about your account.
Sometimes I may use anonymous information about your use of this site in combination with other users’ usage to make decisions about the contents and design of prototyping.news. I may also share these anonymous statistics with potential sponsors and partners.
5. Changes to this policy
v 2.1, 31.05.2018